Actions to take if your child tests positive for COVID-19
Posted on: September 27th 2021
If someone from your home has a positive lateral flow device (LFD) test taken at home:
- they should self-isolate straightaway and report their test result
- they should book a PCR test as soon as possible, either online, through the NHS COVID-19 app, or by calling 119
- they should continue to self-isolate whilst awaiting results of the PCR test
- any unvaccinated adults in their household should self-isolate whilst awaiting their PCR result, unless they are exempt
- Children under 18 ½ years old and adults who are double vaccinated do NOT need to isolate as a close contact unless they have symptoms or a postivie test result.