Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
At Baylis Court School we welcome all students including those who have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). We encourage high expectations of everyone in our school community and work hard to support one another in achieving these goals. Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) is Ms Jamine Wheeler.
The promotion of progress and achievement of individual students is founded on the belief that:
- All students are valued equally and form an integral part of the school.
- A broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum, taught in a well-resourced and supportive environment, which provides a range of stimulating, appropriate and enjoyable experiences, will enhance students' self-esteem and promote success.
- All students have the right to benefit from the range of personal, social and extra-curricular activities.
- Students should be introduced to, and continue to become familiar with, a wide range of skills for life.
- All students should be taught in a context appropriate to their individual needs.
The school seeks to raise achievement and remove barriers to learning on the mutual understanding that SEND is a whole school matter; that all teachers are teachers of children with SEND.